We have the need for experienced millwright workers for upcoming projects in Bloomfield, MO and Hixton, WI and future project locations.
- 5+ years relevant millwright work experience
- Must be willing to travel
- Must be willing to work long hours and extended work weeks.
- Must be able to weld and fabricate.
- Ability to work at heights without fear.
- Able to read blueprint and schematic drawings to determine work procedures.
- Able to look at flat drawings or pictures and visualize how they would look as assembled equipment.
- Use logical procedures in work process.
- Knows hand signals for crane operation.
- Must know all safety regulations for MSHA and OSHA always follow them.
Millwrights must be physically able to do the following:
- Coordinate eye-hand movements.
- Use hands and fingers fully: reach for, manipulate, and feel objects, stoop, kneel, and crouch.
- Climb and maintain body balance on ladders, scaffolding, or high structures and see and hear well (either naturally or with correction).
- Lift or carry objects weighing up to 100 pounds.
- Stoop, lay or squat for periods of time.
- Assembles and installs equipment, such as conveyors, and processing equipment.
- Construct steel structure for the equipment.
- Operate and work from a man lift.
- Select cables, ropes, chains, pulleys, winches, blocks, slings and sheaves, according to weight and size of load to be moved.
- Attaches load with grappling devices, such as loops, wire, ropes, and chains, to crane hook.
- Sets up, braces and rigs hoisting equipment, using hand tools and power wrenches.
- Dismantle machinery or equipment, using hammers wrenches, crowbars, and other hand tools.
- Move machinery and equipment, using hoist, dollies, rollers, and trucks.
- Inspect completed work to ensure compliance with established customer standards or required specifications and guidelines, and in support of our company quality standards.
- Initiate and maintain good housekeeping practices in all work areas.
- May direct workers engaged in hoisting of machinery and equipment.
- Coordinate installation and work efforts with management and assign work according to prepared schedules.
- In addition, may perform all duties of General Laborer, Skilled Laborer.
Job Type: Full-time
Required experience: millwright, welding, blueprints: 5 years
Required license or certification: Valid Driver’s License
Required education: High school or equivalent